What a consumer should know as a Vendor or a Landlord

~  Appoint only licensed estate agents or salespersons to handle the sale or leasing of your property.

~  Provide Agent with information in the Vendor's Statement of the Property Information Form (See Standard Documents).

~  Allow the purchaser or the tenant to inspect the property and specify all items to be included in the property for sale or for leasing (e.g. furniture and fixtures). Before completion of the sale, allow the purchaser to make a final inspection of the property.

~  Give clear and proper instructions to Agent, e.g. whether Agent may sublist the property, duplicate keys and advertise the property.

~  Ask Agent for copies of all the documents signed and others referred to in the same.

Sign an Estate Agency Agreement (See Standard Documents) with Agent and
take special note of the following items in the Agreement: 

~  The amount of commission and the time of payment;

~  Whether it is a "non-exclusive listing" (i.e. listing property through more than one agent) or "exclusive listing" (i.e. listing property through only one agent) and, in case of the latter, note that within the validity period of the Agreement, Agent may charge you a commission even if the property is not sold or leased through him/her but through another estate agent ; and

~  Whether it is a "single agency" (i.e. representing only you) or "potentially dual agency" (i.e. representing only you but may later represent both parties) or "dual agency" (i.e. representing both parties) and, in case of the latter two, Agent needs to inform you of dual agency and disclose the amount of commission he/she charges the other party. 

Source : The Estate Agents Authonty